Re: [exim] exim filter question?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Face
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim filter question?
On 2011-09-17 at 12:58 +0300, Face wrote:
> the problem is, if i send an email to "a" or "b" i will get the email
> in both folders,
> is there is a way i can keep mail coming for "a" in folder INBOX and
> mail coming
> for "B" in folder INBOX ?

$original_local_part will always save for the original address. But
just that change will still end up saving two copies, just this time in
the correct folders.

The problem is the "unseen"; the message comes in, your "autoreply"
Router (which looks more like a silent tap of email) saves the copy for
"b"; then because this is unseen, the original mail continues on, gets
rewritten to go to "a", and routing for the new address starts at the
beginning again. I suspect that mail for "a" doesn't actually end up
saved as mail for "b", and you were a little too loose in your problem
description there.

You probably want to use "redirect_router" on the redirecting router, to
select which router to start with when examining the generated address
and skip past "autoreply" by setting:
redirect_router = mysql_all_domain_alias

Note that if you can have aliases point to email addresses handled by
other systems, then you'll instead need to:
* add "domains = +local_domains" to "autoreply"
* swap the order of "dnslookup" and "autoreply"
* use "redirect_router = dnslookup"

-Phil