Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test

Author: Herczeg Zoltán
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 8.20-RC1 is available - Please Test
Hi,

a fix was landed, it was an issue with the handling of NEWLINE macro.

Sheri, could you help us to fix the RunTest.bat to run all test cases with study and with JIT as well?

Thanks,
Zoltan

Sheri <silvermoonwoman@???> írta:
>I built 8.20-RC1 on Windows XP in Msys/MINGW32 (simulated Unix >

environment) configured with Cmake 2.8 using my usual options plus JIT >
support.>

pcretest -C reports:>

PCRE version 8.20-RC1 2011-09-12>
Compiled with>
UTF-8 support>
Unicode properties support>
Just-in-time compiler support>
Newline sequence is ANYCRLF>
\R matches CR, LF, or CRLF only>
Internal link size = 2>
POSIX malloc threshold = 10>
Default match limit = 10000000>
Default recursion depth limit = 10000000>
Match recursion uses heap>

The size of my pcre shared library went from 289KB to 453KB>

In previous versions I was able to use the included RunTest scripts from >
the Msys console without exception (aside from test3 which never runs at >
all from the Runtest script due I think to an erroneous grep or sed >
error for "french"). Also RunTest.bat executed in the Windows command >
environment always worked fine (including test3). Running RunTest.bat in >
the Windows cmd environment still works fine and reports no >
discrepancies for 8.20-RC1. The bat file should be updated as it only >
runs tests 1 thru 12.>

However there are numerous differences for 8.20-RC1 if I run the RunTest >
sh script from my Msys console (in tests 1, 2, 4 and 11). I manually >
renamed the interim testtry files to capture them and have attached a >
zip file of the output from those tests. The same tests operate >
successfully via RunTest.bat using Windows cmd. As I said previously, >
the RunTest sh scripts of previous versions didn't have these issues.>

Also, running the pcre_jit_test program apparently reports a >
discrepancy. Among its output series of dots in the output is this:>

Return value differs(-1:1): 'ab$' @ 'ab>
'>
Successful test ratio: 99%>

Regards,>