Re: [exim] 30 minute delay outgoing mail : tahini.csx.cam.ac…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 30 minute delay outgoing mail : tahini.csx.cam.ac.uk
On 2011-09-07 at 12:57 +1000, Ted Cooper wrote:
> I'm assuming that Phil, the person most likely to be in contact with
> Tahini mailops, is based in the UK and as such is probably asleep since
> it's 2am-3am there.

I'm not the Tahini mailop, that's someone else who frequents this list,
and probably doesn't want me pointing out who it is so that 30 people
mail him/her directly. :)

Plus, I'm based in the USA. I last lived in the UK sometime in the
previous millennium.

> I think it's safe to say, there is a delay.
>
> The most recent additional VERP to the mailing could be an issue, or it
> might just be that an already busy mail server has a backlog at certain
> times of the day.

I'm leaving it for the Right Guy to investigate.

Y'all have a good day now,
-Phil