Re: [exim] Multiple servers and IPs for outgoing mail

Author: Always Learning
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple servers and IPs for outgoing mail
On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 14:11 +1000, Charlie wrote:

> I have 100 high volume senders, and would like to split them on to 3
> different servers, with 1/3 on each server.
> Each of the senders needs the ability to send from their own unique IP
> address.
>
> Now, I'd ideally like all of the senders to be able to use the same SMTP
> server name of (for example) smtp123.com

Despite server's having different IP addresses that can share the same
host name, obviously supported by a DNS A records and arpa records.

That was the solution adopted by Cable & Wireless in England, a Exim
user, for sending-out mail for the UK's police forces. Different IPs but
all sharing the same host name.

--
With best regards,

Paul.