Re: [exim] Valid working host "failing for a long time"

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Valid working host "failing for a long time"
On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 09:46 +0100, Colin wrote:
> exinext unfortunately isn't much use. The issue is not a persistent
> issue and thus by the time I get to the server to run it there is no
> useful output.

Please try two things:

Firstly, run "exim_tidydb /path/to/spool retry" and see what happens, if
the problem continues then simply stop Exim and *remove* the retry DB
file altogether (it's only a hints file so is safe to delete).

It strikes me that there may be some stale data lying around.
Alternatively it could be related to a very old bug in Exim's retry
handling but that was wrinkled out a long time ago...

Graeme