Re: [exim-dev] Bugzilla and offline?

Author: Christian Aistleitner
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Bugzilla and offline?
Hello,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:58:29AM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Anyone know of a tool to take an offline content of bugzilla and all
> patches? (Right now, I'm really appreciating fossil).

I suppose you already came across PyBugz [1], which is a cli for Bugzilla. It allows you to use the shell to directly download bugs by id or attachments by id from bugzilla.

The attached script bug_fetch.sh takes bug ids as argument and downloads the bugs and attachments.
For example issuing

# ./bug_fetch.sh 1119 1002 1120

[2] downloads bugs 1119 1002 1120 along with their attachments. You'll end up with a file/directory structure like this

# find | sort
.
./1002
./1002/bug.txt
./1002/exim-4.72-doneunique.patch
./1002/exim-4.72-specialdupl.patch
./1002/exim.debug
./1119
./1119/bug.txt
./1119/non_printing_characters_decreasing_memory_allocation.patch
./1120
./1120/bug.txt
./bug_fetch.sh

Maybe this is close enough to what you want, to serve as starting point.

Kind regards,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/williamh/pybugz
[2] The first time, you'll be prompted for login and password once.