[exim] Multiple authentications acting as a client

Author: Reinaldo Matukuma
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Multiple authentications acting as a client

Hello.

I have a scenario where i have setup routers and transports to force some messages to be routed to specific hosts that require authentication.

In this scenario, i try this client authenticator config and this don't work:

client_plain_1:

driver = plaintext

public_name = PLAIN

client_send = ^user_of_host_1^pass

client_login_1:

driver = plaintext

public_name = LOGIN

client_send = : user_of_host_1 : pass

client_plain_2:

driver = plaintext

public_name = PLAIN

client_send = ^user_of_host_2^pass

client_login_2:

driver = plaintext

public_name = LOGIN

client_send = : user_of_host_2 : pass

This returns me:

2011-08-18 16:05:23 Exim configuration error:
two client authenticators (client_plain_1 and client_plain_2) have the same public name (PLAIN)
2011-08-18 16:05:23 Exim configuration error:
two client authenticators (client_plain_1 and client_plain_2) have the same public name (PLAIN)

But, if i change to use only one host with authentication (lefting the another routing and transporting yet, but without act as client auth) it's work.

Then, with this setup:

client_plain_1:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
client_send = ^user_of_host_1^pass

client_login_1:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
client_send = : user_of_host_1 : pass

It's work (but, as my second host requires auth, the messages transported to it come back to me, but okay).

As i really need authenticate on both servers, why my first setup don't work?

I agree that if all public_name is used on the same connection don't would be possible to determine what is the correct public name to use, but this isn't occurs on my scenario.

Can someone help-me or perhaps this is some feature that i would implement with some self-made patch?

Thanks