Re: [pcre-dev] use cmake-gui to build Visual C++ 64 bit PCRE…

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] use cmake-gui to build Visual C++ 64 bit PCRE version
On 8/10/2011 2:25 PM, Jerry Liu (chuchiehliu) wrote:
> We moved from MSVS 2005 to MSVS 2008 lately. I was able to generate
> PCRE 8.0 version win32 executable using MSVS 2005. I am trying to
> generate a Visual C++ 64 bit PCRE 8.12 version executable. Downloaded
> the pcre-8.12.zip from pcre.org website. Follow the NON-UNIX-USE
> document using cmake-gui to generate pcre 64 bit executable.
>

> I setup both "Where is the source code:" and "Where to build the
> binaries:" to the same directory; C:/pcre_ver/pcre-8.02/pcre-8.02.
> Click "Configure" and select "Visual Studio 9 2008 Win64" generator for
> this project and keep the check "Use default native compilers". The
> following is what I got.

[...]
> It looks like the pcredfa.c is missing compare to 8.0. I must but don't
> understand what I did wrong? Or my MSVS 2008 installation has issues.
>
> 1.       Those dirent.h, etc. file missing seems mostly only exist in
> Unix.

> 2.      Don't understand the following message neither "Could NOT find
> BZip2 (missing: BZIP2_LIBRARIES BZIP2_INCLUDE_DIR),  Could NOT find ZLIB
> (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) ,  Could not find OPTIONAL
> package Readline"

> I mainly would like to generate pcre.dll (and pcreposix.dll) for x64 bit
> windows box.

FWIW I would not recommend using the same dir for source and build, or
the same source dir previously used for older source. I notice you said
you were building version 8.12 yet your source directory was set to
8.02. Also you said you want to build the dll, so you need to enable
building of shared libraries. I don't think there ever was a source file
called pcredfa.c file. The optional libraries are only used (if found)
in connection with the supplemental programs pcretest.exe and/or
pcregrep.exe. It is normal for the various "missing" libraries and
resources to be reported via cmake, even when they are not needed in a
particular environment. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sheri