[exim] splitting a domain

Author: Thomas Andrews
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] splitting a domain
Hi,

I want user1@??? to go to one place and user2@???
to go to another.

I would like to have two config files: /etc/exim4/group1 and
/etc/exim4/group2 which would contain the user names in lsearch format. eg:

The file group1 would contain the line
     user1:

And the file group2 would contain the line
     user2:

How do I write an 'if' statement or similar to search for $local_part in
the two files, and return the name of which ever file contains it?

i.e.

if $local_part is in file group1 then set some variable to 'group1'
else if $local_part is in file group2 then set the variable to 'group2'

Ultimately I actually want to set $domain_data to either group1 or
group1, as I currently use this in a uucp_transport.

Many thanks,
Thomas