Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
Sorry for the delayed response... we had a hard-drive failure and have just
recovered older emails.

On Sunday, July 10, 2011 01:20:55 PM Hill Ruyter wrote:

> If you were to use the ip addresses of senders to this old service you may
> well inadvertently block IPs of legitimate services simply because a
> previous user of your email domain also stopped using the service
>
> Just a thought.

So what. If they continue to send email after getting bounces that the email
address doesn't exist, then they should be blocked. If they're not breaking
everyone else's rules, they're certainly breaking our rules.

And we do have a method in place for detecting and fixing false positives.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
Post Office Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517