Re: [exim] Allow only one e-mail account to relay through ex…

Author: Bill Hayles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Allow only one e-mail account to relay through exim4
Hi, Andres

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:33:29 +0200 in message number <CAAZenJ1ka5mhjo20Pv8=NCh+aU6+yb7OTq6VnoCSHvgHGFodpw@???>, received here on 22/07/2011 16:27:09, Andres Aguado <andriu.one@???> said:

> Hi again Bill,
>
>      Mmmmm, let me see. <example.com> is exim4 local domain, and i want to
> allow relay only for the account <myaccount@???>. When i try to
> "swaks" from the unique IP that is enabled to relay, specifying
> myaccount@??? as from, the email is sent to destination, but if i
> try the same specifying as from the account otheraccount@???, for
> example, a message appears reporting that e-mail couldn't be relayed due to
> policy violation.

I thought that was exactly what you wanted to do - allow relay for
myaccount@??? and deny allothers@???.

Now you're saying myaccount@??? has a unique IP.
Why not simplify things by putting that IP (and that IP only) in
relay_from_hosts.

However, if you have other addresses at example.com, and example.com is
Exim's local domain, then I don't understand how you intend to send messages
from otheraccounts@??? except by using another server

>      Perhaps my exim4 config allow the domain and the acl deny all the
> "from's" except this specific.

Probably yes.
One question; forgive me if this seems impertinent, but I'm assuming that
example.com is your own domain and not a bigger one that you're "borrowing".
I ask because you're posting from a GMail address.

--
This is Spain. We do things differently here!

Bill Hayles
billnot@???