Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag

Author: Emmanuel Noobadmin
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: <exim-users@exim.org>, Jeff Lasman
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail's new 'suspicious sender' flag
On 7/11/11, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> wrote:
> Ooh, the legitimacy of a mail server on a dynamic IP is pretty low already.
> When it's compromised, I don't think it has much legitimacy left!

I wasn't thinking so much of mail servers on dynamic IP but spam sent
through valid mail servers such as an ISP from a compromised client,
or a spammer using the same ISP sending spam on a dynamic connection.

This comes from experiences where my clients' intended recipient
running Barracuda rejects emails because the dynamic ADSL IP in
question (specifically pointed out in the bounce) was apparently
detected to be spamming some time ago.