Re: [exim] greylistd understandings

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: prad
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] greylistd understandings
exim@??? writes:

>> 3) something else?
>
> $ man exim4-config_files

> /etc/exim4/local_host_blacklist
>
> is an optional file containing a list of IP addresses, networks and
> host names whose messages will be denied with the error message
> "locally blacklisted". This is a full exim 4 host list, and all avail‐
> able features can be used. This includes negative items, and so it is
> possible to exclude addresses from being blacklisted. For convenience,
> as an additional method to whitelist addresses from being blocked, an
> explicit whitelist is read in from /etc/exim4/local_host_whitelist.
> Entries in the whitelist override corresponding blacklist entries.

thank you!

this is very interesting. so i should use greylisting only for
greylisting and not try to do too much with it. instead i should let
exim do the blacklisting and some of the whitelisting (if i want to let
certain parts of a blacklist through i guess).

on my system the man page says the file is host_local_deny_exceptions
(instead of local_host_whitelist), so possibly the file name is an older
one since i'm on debian squeeze.

--
in friendship,
prad