Re: [exim] How to specify Return-Path for ALL outbound e-mai…

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Murray S. Kucherawy
CC: <exim-users@exim.org>, Mike Lyon
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to specify Return-Path for ALL outbound e-mail that gothrough exim?

On 3 Jul 2011, at 03:02, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

> [...]

That's not what the documentation says. Section 31.8 "F - rewrite the envelope From field".

There is no flag for rewriting the Return-Path header, and I'm not sure if "h" would rewrite that header. Does "all" literally mean fix that string in every header, or just the other headers for which flags are available? For that reason, "F" may be used on inbound mail to change the Return-Path header, but it can also be used on outbound mail to change the return path (ie, the "envelope From field").

So, if the OP is after changing the return path, not the content of the Return-Path header, then the "F" flag is what he wants.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex