[exim] greylistd understandings

Author: prad
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] greylistd understandings
i'm trying to get a better understanding of the features of greylistd
with exim on debian squeeze. after installation, it is working very
fine.

so far, i've gotten /etc/greylist/whitelist-hosts to work nicely by doing
things like putting

65.54.190.0/24

into the file
which allows me to send from my hotmail account without delay etc

i can also use
greylist list --white
to see what's in my whitelist and manually move what i don't want there
to my blacklist

what sort of bothers me though is that i have to work with the triplet:
ip sender recipient
as in
64.85.163.146 smokingeverywhere@??? prad@???
which is presently in my whitelist.

so i have to
greylist add --black 64.85.163.146 smok@??? prad@???
to blacklist this.

there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to whitelist-hosts like
blacklist-hosts.

so is the best thing to do
1) manually go through my whitelist and transfer unwanteds to blacklist?
2) get spamassassin installed? (i'll do this eventually after figuring
out what can be done with greylist)
3) something else?

--
in friendship,