Re: [exim] Long 'From:' header and verify = header_sender is…

Autor: Bryan Rawlins
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Long 'From:' header and verify = header_sender issue.
On 06/24/2011 04:24 AM, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Could you please open a feature request at<http://bugs.exim.org/>, and
> feel free to assign it directly to me?

I'm not sure this is really needed.

Following Bill's lead I tried 'verify = header_syntax' instead of
'verify = header_sender' header_syntax seems to work without error, and
returns pass/fail as expected. The trick would be that you should
verify the syntax BEFORE doing any verification of specific header lines.

Given the above information, a note in the docs to check the syntax
first, might be all that's needed to avoid the issue I stumbled into.

--
Sincerely,
Bryan Rawlins