Re: [exim] Exim, 550 unknown local part and Outlook 2007/201…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Kurt Jaeger
Kopio: <exim-users@exim.org>
Aihe: Re: [exim] Exim, 550 unknown local part and Outlook 2007/2010

On 24 Jun 2011, at 12:55, Kurt Jaeger wrote:

>> Instead, I'll accept the message and queue
>> it or bounce it. That way, the user gets a message in their mailbox,
>> with a full description of the error.
>

> Do you have a config snippet that does this ? Thanks!

Not really - it's more about what I omit from the configuration. I have separate configurations for MSA and for MX servers. They're listening on different IP addresses on the same hosts. The MSA server simply avoids most of the ACLs that the MX server has. For example, I don't do a recipient verification test for an authenticated sender. I do, however, do a sender verification test - if the sender address fails, then bouncing the message would be pointless.

This does mean that I'm more liberal with accepting stuff that can't be tested in Exim after SMTP time. I could to better by routing the message stream through a more tightly controlled smart host.

--
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex