[pcre-dev] libpcre usage in shedskin, language implementatio…

Author: Mark Dufour
To: pcre-dev, ph10
Subject: [pcre-dev] libpcre usage in shedskin, language implementation comparison
hi all,

first, a public thank you for libpcre! we use it in shedskin, an
experimental (restricted-)python-to-c++ compiler, to implement the standard
python 're' module:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

I wasn't sure about the performance of libpcre, until I saw these some
benchmarks comparing re performance among perl, shedskin, java, javascript
and other language implementations:

http://attractivechaos.github.com/plb/

for patmch1, only perl seem to be able to beat libpcre. for patmch2,
performance is a bit less, but better than perl. so I have to say I'm
impressed and thankful with these results!

thanks again for this awesome library,
mark.
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LsfnBmdnk