Re: [exim] Headers not being removed?

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Headers not being removed?
Bruce A. Bergman <bruceb@???> (Fri Jun 24 07:59:13 2011):
> I must be doing something wrong here... I wanted a few headers removed before a message is processed and sent back out again on my mail server. After consulting this list, and the manual, I concluded I need to use the "headers_remove" feature. I enabled it for the remote_smtp transport (because I only want the headers removed when the message has an ultimate destination OFF my server), but they are still being sent in outgoing messages. Yes, I did restart exim after the config changes. ;-)
>
> The relevant transport is as follows:
>
> ## transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp
> #################################
> # This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.
>
> remote_smtp:
> debug_print = "T: remote_smtp for $local_part@$domain"
> driver = smtp
> headers_remove = "X-FDA:X-Panda:X-Spam-Summary"

Are these header lines added by a preceeding "headers_add" of some
router?

Probably you should consult the spec file near
"44.17 Adding and removing header lines in routers and transports"

(About the handling of "add_header" (ACL option) I'm not sure.)

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B