Re: [exim] Long 'From:' header and verify = header_sender is…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: W B Hacker
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Long 'From:' header and verify = header_sender issue.
Bryan Rawlins wrote:
> On 6/23/2011 1:25 PM, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Anything more specific or creative is up to the implementor, so
>> '...handled better...' is whatever you wish it to be.
>>
>> Exim JF does as it is told.
>>
>> IF/AS/WHEN told...
> Agreed, however it is in this case NOT doing JF as told, and that is why
> I'm bringing the matter up in the list. ;)
>
> <snip>
> # Verify the header sender
> warn verify = header_sender/defer_ok
> set acl_m_hdrSndrVfc = passed
> </snip>
>
> Instead of setting a variable upon passing, or skipping it is dying and
> providing
> "421 Unexpected failure, please try later" to the sender
>
> and
>
> "2011-06-22 11:02:24 [10477] 1QZOwg-0002iz-Ix string_sprintf expansion
> was longer than 32768" in the panic and main log.

ACK. But the (potential) bug and the 'defer' and log messages are
separate issues.

Please see if you can dig out a copy of the message that triggered that
and send it to me directly - offending headers unaltered, of course.

It 'should' give you an in-session rejection, AND NOT cause a failure
here (Exim 4.73, modified source, on OpenBSD 4.9 AMD-64, Exim ).

Either way, I'll check logs and let you know what was seen.

Regards,

Bill

--
韓家標