[exim] Exim4 for relaying to internet

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andres Aguado
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: Re: [exim] Exim4 for relaying to internet
Asunto: [exim] Exim4 for relaying to internet
Hi all,

I write for help for my new exim4 installation over ubuntu 11. I think this
is a good way.

What i'm trying to configure is to run a smtp relay because one application
needs a dedicated MTA to send e-mails to external accounts.

I've installed the package like this:

"sudo apt-get install exim4 exim4-daemon-heavy", and process has installed
other required packages.

Then, I've run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" and selected this
options.

1-Internet site, 2-system mail: hostname.domain.int, 3-IP: 127.0.0.1,
4-Other destination: hostname.domain.int, hostname, localhost.localdomain,
localhost, 5-Domain to relay: BLANK, 6-Machine to relay: BLANK, 7-DNS
Queries: NO, 8-Delivery method: Maildir format, 9-Split:NO

Later, I've configured SMTP Authentication
1-"sudo /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/exim-gencert"
2-edit "/etc/exim4/conf.d/main/03_exim4-config_tlsoptions" and modify
"MAIN_TLS_ENABLE = yes"
3-edit "/etc/exim4/conf.d/auth/30_exim4-config_examples" and uncomment the
"plain_saslauthd_server" and "login_saslauthd_server" sections
4-"sudo update-exim4.conf" and "sudo /etc/init.d/exim4 restart"

And SASL
1-"sudo apt-get install sasl2-bin"
2-edit "/etc/default/saslauthd" and modify START=yes
3-sudo adduser Debian-exim sasl
4-sudo /etc/init.d/saslauthd start

Finally, I've tried to e-mail by telnet localhost 25

ehlo hostname
250-hostname.domain.com Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP

No user and password are requested, as I thought that it was going to
happen.

The e-mail is sent succesfully to an external account using smtp commands,
but i'd like user credentials to be necessary.

Could anyone help me to know what's wrong?

Thanks in advance for your contributions

Regards,
Andres