Re: [exim] Possible Spamassassin related feature request

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Possible Spamassassin related feature request
On 22/06/11 01:36, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I probably could use the pipe transport but it seems that if it is
> possible that not having to pipe into sa-learn would b more efficient.
> Basically it would be talking to the spamd server directly telling it to
> learn this rather than to test the message.
>
> It may be too much work to implement or that I might be the only person
> on the planet who needs this feature. That's what I wanted to test the
> idea out here before doing a feature request.

spamd will accept learn requests from spamc using the -L command line
option. This could be a way to run the learning process either via pipe
or via cron on a dropbox. Running it this way prevents a few niggles I
had with sa-learn - locking of the db so that spamd couldn't use it, and
changing of the ownership of the file to the user running sa-learn.

-L learn type, --learntype=type
           Send message to spamd for learning.  The "learn type" can be
either spam, ham or forget.  The exitcode for spamc will be set to 5
           if the message was learned, or 6 if it was already learned,
under a condition that a --no-safe-fallback option is selected too.

           Note that the "spamd" must run with the "--allow-tell" option
for this to work.