Re: [exim] exim and a 64 bit OS?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-users@exim.org
CC: exim-users@exim.org, Thew, Alan
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim and a 64 bit OS?

On 21 Jun 2011, at 12:35, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:

> Exim's CDB support is internal, using no external libraries, having been
> written by Nigel Metheringham -- I believe that this was done because
> Exim is GPL'd and the uncertainty over licensing of some other sources
> of CDB code led to a reimplementation.

I think I did it that way because there were no libraries available at the time - just the original djb implementation, which wasn't really fitted as a library. But there was a good spec so I implemented from that. Cdb was a good lookup system and for the sort of ISP stuff I was doing at the time it was a good order of magnitude faster, needed no locking and has atomic updates at the cost of having to regenerate the whole file. Buy me a drink sometime and I'll tell you about the semi-writable version....

Nigel

[Sent from a mobile device - apologies for brevity and spelling]