[exim] Issues after IP address change

Góra strony
Autor: Alex Carver
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [exim] Issues after IP address change
I'm trying out a new ISP so I've moved my exim server over to the new connection to see how well things operate (it's a low volume personal server so this only affects me).

I wanted to know if any of you had any issues with send/receive during a change over. I've moved the DNS record for the domain and it seems to have propagated to most places. I can receive email from various locations (for example sending from webmail providers like Yahoo and Gmail). But sending to them results in connection time outs showing up in the Exim logs.

I have not been able to send successfully since changing over, only receiving is working. Granted the DNS modification was only 12 hours ago but it seems that the change has already propagated if I'm receiving mail.

I can't quite figure out why I can't send but I can receive and the only change is IP.

Just as a final test before I submit this message, I sent myself an email from Gmail to my personal address on the server and watched the logs. The mail went through with no problems. I tried to reply to that test email from my server back to Gmail and I get a connection time out.