Re: [exim] Configuration question

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Configuration question
Ian Eiloart wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2011, at 20:11, W B Hacker wrote:
>
>>> What is the corect way to rewrie the subject line?
>>
>> 'Correct' depends on what you want.
>>
>> This preserves the original but stuffs a word in at the beginning:
>>
>> message     = Subject: *Suspect* $h_Subject:

>> CAVEAT: Unless you specifically strip the ORIGINAL 'Subject:' it
>> will still exist, just be pushed down, and 'usual' no longer
>> displayed even in view-headers of an MUA. It WILL still show if
>> they have a true 'View ALL headers' or if view message source is
>> used.
>>
>> Generally more good than harm to leave that in place.
>
> Except that RFC5322 forbids multiple Subject: headers. So, it may
> produce unexpected results. Better to remove the original header.
> It's still completely recoverable.

It certainly does at time of initial composition & submission.

I'm not sure it is still harmful at time of last-mile delivery into
mailstore, as no other MTA would ordinarily see it as 'primary'
"Subject:" header thereafter, even if forwarded.

I don't disagree with stripping the original - just have had no problem
with NOT so doing for lo these many years.

Bill

--
韓家標