[exim] Sender verification failing sometimes

Autor: Michael Jimenez
A: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: [exim] Sender verification failing sometimes
So I've been looking at my mail server mainlog for the past couple of days watching mail come in and out, I've noticed that this Microsoft address keeps failing to verify:

2011-06-12 23:17:08 H=servera02.blusmtp.msn.com (servera02.blusmtpg.msn.com) [65.55.238.141] sender verify fail for <postmaster@???>
2011-06-12 23:17:08 H=servera02.blusmtp.msn.com (servera02.blusmtpg.msn.com) [65.55.238.141] F=<postmaster@???> rejected RCPT <local_address@exim_server>: Sender verify failed

Yet I have just seen another log where it successfully verified (for the first time since I started monitoring the logs) :

2011-06-13 00:20:21 H=servera03.blusmtp.msn.com (servera03.blusmtpg.msn.com) [65.55.238.142] Warning: Sender rate 1.2 / 1h
2011-06-13 00:20:22 1QVutC-0001EL-5G <= postmaster@??? H=servera03.blusmtp.msn.com (servera03.blusmtpg.msn.com) [65.55.238.142] P=esmtp S=1631 T="<Message Title>"
2011-06-13 00:20:22 1QVutC-0001EL-5G => <local_user> <<local_user>@<local_domain>> R=virtual_user T=virtual_userdelivery

Am I mistaken in believing that in the first log entry, the sending address does not exist? There are no error codes attached to the log entry. The second log indicates a successful delivery but only after logging a warning.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Configuration error possibly or is it an error their end?