Re: [exim] automatically blacklisting clients that fail SMT…

Autor: Mikhail Lischuk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] automatically blacklisting clients that fail SMTPauthentication

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:23:25 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:

> BTW -

itx.com.ua is not among those in Україна on my LBL.

> So -

however it is being done - hopefully all-hands are trying to do the best
they can to keep the house in order, and with some success..

> Thank

you for that. And keep up the good work!

Well, actually sometimes I
used to be on spamcop (I have posted here, my problem was spam
forwarding to external servers for some clients). But we are doing our
best to avoid that.

And regarding smarthost-client (sorry for not
quotting, I hate long quotting) and your words that ISP can identify
client. Once in my practice I've met an ISP who blocked their client,
and when he contacted call-center he was told "Your account was
suspended, because your computer is heavily infected. Please clean it
up, send us a list of viruses you've identified there, and we will renew
your account". That was kind of interesting and new approach for me.

IDK however if it is completely legal. But if they stated that somehow
in their agreement then I think there must not be any problems. I wish
all our ISPs acted like that.

--
With Best Regards
Mikhail Lischuk