Re: [exim] Numerous segfaults with 64 bit exim

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: Patrick Boutilier
CC: exim-users, David Woodhouse
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Numerous segfaults with 64 bit exim
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj@???> wrote:
>>> #1  0x00002b2d3d98a92c in smtp_respond (code=0x2b2d3d9e8906 "550",
>>> codelen=<value optimized out>, final=1, msg=0x0) at smtp_in.c:2045
>>>          esclen = 0
>>>          esc = 0x2b2d3da0413e ""
>>> #2  0x00002b2d3d97adf5 in receive_msg (extract_recip=0) at receive.c:3739
>> 3739:        smtp_respond((fake_response == DEFER)? US"450" : US"550", 3, TRUE,
>> 3740:          fake_response_text);
>> So fake_response_text is NULL. How?
> This is the part of the "acl_smtp_data" that is causing the problem. But not all messages that get fake rejected cause a segfault. What did you mean by "instrument all three of them" ?

I think he means give an example that would indicate how it was being
handled by those three places in the code.

> warn message=X-this-is-spam-to-put-in-folder:
>  condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{47}{1}{0}}
>  control = fakereject/"Message rejected because of a high SPAM score $spam_score\n$spam_report"

Is that the only control=fakereject that you use in your entire
config? Are there any that do work with no problems? If yes, can you
show them here?

Also, I don't use quotes on my fakerejects and my \n's still work
properly. In testing, I was not able to make it segfault by adding
quotes to my config, but still I'd suggest as a first test that you
remove the quotes and see if it changes things.

...Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the