Re: [exim] Moving from Debian to Arch and exim Problem!

Autor: Sven Hartge
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Moving from Debian to Arch and exim Problem!
Face <falazemi@???> wrote:

> I Installed arch linux and trying to get exim to work. I use to have
> Debian with exim
> and would like to same exim configuration on the new Arch.

[...]

> In Debian it seem that update-exim4.conf.conf get load before
> exim.conf and use what is
> declared on update-exim4.conf.conf for exim.conf. How can i do the
> same thing in Arch ?

> Any help would be much appreciated.

To use the Debian config style in Arch, you need to use the Debian
init-scripts for Exim in Arch as well and of course everything inside
/etc/exim4. Additionally you may need to tweak the way Exim is compiled
in Arch, because since one of the last security updates Exim you need to
supply some paths for trusted config files at compile time. These paths
will be different for Debian and Arch.

This is no easy task and my guess is, it will break quite badly, if you
don't know exactly what to do.

My advise: don't do it. It will not be worth the hassle.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.