Re: [exim] TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our cer…

Autor: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
A: exim-users
CC: David Woodhouse
Assumpte: Re: [exim] TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our certificate?) - intermediate ssl certificate problem?
On Monday 23 of May 2011, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 10:52 +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > The question is why "alert bad certificate" comes up if everything
> > looks fine, all intermediate certs are provided etc?
>
> The intermediate certs are being provided to Exim, but is Exim actually
> providing them to OpenSSL?
>
> See
> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openconnect.git/blob/64eddc7:/ssl.c#l7
> 47 for inspiration, perhaps?

exim loads chain

if (!SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(ctx, CS expanded))

and according to openssl RT#1942 comment (mentioned in openconnect.git) "cert
with the same name" bug is fixed already (I'm using openssl 1.0.0d here).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team