[exim] FW: Using verify sender

Góra strony
Autor: Graham Butler
Dla: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Temat: [exim] FW: Using verify sender
Many thanks to all the people who replied to my email. It would appear that the general opinion is that the use of 'verify sender', without a call out, should not result in any major problems.

Out of the 100,000 emails we receive a day we are currently rejecting around 80,000 at the smtp stage using Exim's ACL's, before feeding the remainder to SpamAssassin. SpamAssassin then reduces the 20,000 emails to around 15,000. It is estimated, from test using the warn command with sender verify, that a further 300 to 400 emails should be blocked before it hits SpamAssassin, slightly reducing the load on the server.

I believe there is a good chance, with your replies, that management may now agree to let me implement a verify sender ACL, without a call out that is.....

Regards,

Graham Butler
Infrastructure Team.
The University of Huddersfield