Re: [exim] Using verify sender

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using verify sender
Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> W B Hacker<wbh@???> (Mon May 23 16:56:16 2011):
> (…)
>>
>> verify = sender                morphs to:     verify = sender_route

>> (no longer possible to option a 'callout', timeout still optional)
>>

>> verify = sender/callout        morphs to:     Verify = sender_contact

>>    (no longer possible to NOT do the callout, timeout still optional)

>> Not sure if the FIRST form even has a place at the table so long as
>> we still have:
>>
>> verify = reverse_host_lookup
>
> I'm not sure - may be I'm confused - but, "verify = sender" checks
> the information from the envelope sender, while "verify =
> reverse_host_lookup" checks the IP the client system is connecting from.
>
> Thus, both options (sender (or call it sender_router)
> and reverse_host_lookup) can be useful.

Heiko,

I am WAY too tired to go grok the code just now, but I suspect you are
correct.

If so, then:

reverse_host_lookup    or     host_route_trace

and

reverse_sender_lookup    or    mail_from_trace

Might be more consistent.

BTW your server and mine were historically blocking each other by two
different types of those 'accidental' byproducts I mentioned.

Seems we have both made config changes, so I'll cc: you.

IF you get it, reply.

Bill

*your* use of it prevents me sending to you. I don't BL or block
sender callouts - just don't respond until OTHER tests have been passed
- by which time it is too late.

Conversely, MY rejection on the presence of 'ssl.

you 'ssl' in sever ID string does hereverse..

Bill

--
Ciào

Bill