Re: [exim] Using verify sender

Top Pagina
Auteur: Todd Lyons
Aan: Graham Butler
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Using verify sender
On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Graham Butler <g.butler@???> wrote:
> I am currently looking into adding 'require verify = sender', with no callouts, to our Exim configuration. Unfortunately, my manager went to a conference last week and was informed that adding 'verify sender' was not very wise and could lead to the rejection of legitimate emails.

Add:
verify = sender
..and not:
verify = sender/callout

Read sections 40.23 and 40.40 - 40.45 for explanations.

Your manager probably things "verify=sender" is "verify with
callouts". That's not what the basic verification does. With
verify=sender, you get two basic checks:
1) if it's a local address that's sending, it determines this because
the address (local_part and domain) exists locally.
2) If it's not local, then it must be remote and verifies that dns
says the domain exists.

Read those sections in Chapter 40 because there is more going on than just that.

--
Regards...      Todd
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but