Re: [exim] TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our ce…

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our certificate?) - intermediate ssl certificate problem?
Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm@???> (Mon May 23 10:52:11 2011):

> I've replaced rapidssl cert recently with new one. rapidssl started to use
> intermediate certificate. Unfortunately I'm getting in smtp server logs (exim
> 4.76):
>
> (SSL_accept): error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad
> certificate
> 2011-05-23 10:42:57 TLS client disconnected cleanly (rejected our
> certificate?)
>
> tls_certificate points to a file which contains 3 certificates:
>
> - cert for my domain issued by: Issuer: C=US, O=GeoTrust, Inc., CN=RapidSSL CA
> - intermediate cert:
>         Issuer: C=US, O=GeoTrust Inc., CN=GeoTrust Global CA
>         Subject: C=US, O=GeoTrust, Inc., CN=RapidSSL CA
> - third cert:
>         Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
>         Subject: C=US, O=GeoTrust Inc., CN=GeoTrust Global CA

> in exactly that order.
>
> tls_privatekey points to a file with private key.
>
> The question is why "alert bad certificate" comes up if everything looks fine,
> all intermediate certs are provided etc?

Probably you're *NOT* talking about the mx for maven.pl, but I see some
issues there as well:

The CN in the subject does not fit the hostname (mx01.agnat.pl):
CN="*.agnat.eu".

And it is expired:
        Validity
            Not Before: Apr 19 08:28:23 2007 GMT
            Not After : May 19 08:28:23 2009 GMT
        Subject: C=PL, O=*.agnat.eu, OU=GT03137972, OU=See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps (c)07, OU=Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL(R), CN=*.agnat.eu

May be you can tell us how to connect the server you're talking about, some
of the problems can be detected from outside.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMANN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B