Re: [exim] 8BITMIME

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] 8BITMIME
Ted Cooper wrote:
> On 22/05/11 04:45, W B Hacker wrote:
>> Might as well set my servers to advertise:
>>
>> COLDBEER
>
> I am so going to code that in :P
>
> Where's the RFC with the details?

Sadly, we've missed the train.

In keeping with tradition, that sort of RFC MUST await 1 APR 2012

;-)

'Experimentally'? I just did an 'rpl' on the binary.

telnet or swaks to conducive.org smtp, HELO and EHLO.

CAVEAT: Server likes valid PTR RR & rDNS pass..

UNTIL it is coded, I'm not sure what happens if submission arrives with
COLDBEER in a MIME type. Most likely is that the binary hands it off to
the 8BITMIME parts. Or NOT. I rpl'ed both occurenences.

Feel free to test..

Copper plumbing between servers being impractical, perhaps your code
could accept and redeem *gift* certs?

Shouldn't be any harder than SSL certs...

;-)

There IS precedence w/r the beer, BTW:

Circa the 1970's I wrote Forth words to send 6-bit code to a then-common
'talking-clock' chip. The vocabulary included:

'beer' -> 'Please bring the programmer an ice cold beer'

and

'bark' -> 'Arf arf arf'

(Yes, Miss, we CAN make your computer 'bark like a dog')

Anyone who crunches code for days on end needs more than just Jolt and
pizza....

Bill