Re: [exim] admin defined queue [was Exim 5.x]

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Exim 5.x
Assumpte: Re: [exim] admin defined queue [was Exim 5.x]

On 19 May 2011, at 14:36, Phil Pennock wrote:
> If we use a new sub-directory of spool_directory to hold named queues,
> then previous Exim installs won't know of the content, but it should be
> fairly easy to script a rollback tool which recombines queues into the
> original queue.

or how about tagging messages with one (or more) identifiers, and having
a list of identifiers that match that tag contained in some lightweight
(hints - so not completely authoritative) database.

Can then work through items with tag x or skip items with tag y etc

And a fallback queue runner that does all messages (and updates tag
indexes as it runs).

[This isn't thought through, its just an idea that came to me]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel@??? ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]