Re: [exim] smtp_banner refuses to be renamed

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] smtp_banner refuses to be renamed
Jeffs wrote:
> I have a very simple update-exim4.conf.conf file runing on debian 6.
>
> Since I'm just starting out I'm experimenting with various features to
> learn.
>
> I've inserted the following as a test in the main section of the
> configuration file:
>
> dc_smtp_banner="$primary_hostname Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
> 5.0.2195.6713 ready at $tod_full"

Several things:

IF you are NOT using a monolithic file, such as ~/etc/exim/configure
(path may differ, but the key item is ONE file)

THEN you 'may' be using the debian/ubuntu 'splt config'
IF SO .. the docs on your own box will point you to a mailing list
specifically for that setup.

> I've also tried:
>
> dc_smtp_banner = "testing banner message"
>
> I've restarted exim4 with each test.
>
> When I telnet into localhost 25 I still see:
>
> 221 name_of_my_domain ESMTP Exim 4.72 Mon, 16 May 2011 22:47:50 -0400
>
> what am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.

I could be wrong (again) but *my* variable has no 'dc_' prefix.
Just plain old 'smtp_banner ='

AND

'Microsoft' doesn't belong to you. Those to whom it DOES belong have
lawyers to protect their rights to it. You do NOT want to make their
acquaintance.

Don't use that string on a non-Microsoft product or service.

Bill