[exim] I need a special 'domain rewrite' and run into proble…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Chr. von Stuckrad
Para: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: [exim] main log file - delivery logging
Asunto: [exim] I need a special 'domain rewrite' and run into problems ...
Hi!

Lately we found out, that a local combination of software (svn with
kerberos auth and python mailscripting) *always* generates Addresses
the following way ...: For a given SVN-User it simply mails to 'Usrname'
assuming the typical "sendmail ... <usernam>" will correctly qualify.

Bad luck, because Kerberos-Users are 'Principals', themselves of the
form "username@???". So NO qualify, AND wrong domain.
Even worse, this Domain exists, receives mail, but almost never by
<username@???> because Mails nomally go to subdomains.

So the only 'feasible' workaround may be, to ONLY REWRITE THE UPPERCASE
FORM, because Kerberos Principals always are uppercase, but mails (should)
have lowercase domains.

The SMTP-Rewrites (patterns) seem to work as it shall be,
hopefully really never 'hitting' the lowercase variant,
but I have not found a solution for the Headers!

Which flag in combination with what (acl, router, whatever) can
rewrite only "ONE SPECIFIC UPPERCASE ONLY Domainname", so that the
Mail completely 'belongs' to the rewritten Domain (if possible
in all Headers)?

In the exim_spec documentaion (10.20) it is:

    The domain portion of an address is always lowercased
    before matching it to an address list.

May be I have no chance anyway to find these cases?
May be work with a combiation of 'condition' and 'redirect'
and transport to another MTA?

Clueless after two days of reading and testig,

Stucki

--
Christoph von Stuckrad      * * |nickname |Mail <stucki@???> \
Freie Universitaet Berlin   |/_*|'stucki' |Tel(Mo.,Mi.):+49 30 838-75 459|