Re: [pcre-dev] Assertions with quantifier behaviour is Perl …

Author: Herczeg Zoltán
To: ND
CC: Pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Assertions with quantifier behaviour is Perl incompatible
Hi,

what would be the purpose of repeating a zero-width assertion? You get the same result if you simply drop the quantifier. Anyway, if you really need the quantifier, just put a non-capturing bracket around it.

Regards,
Zoltan

ND <nadenj@???> írta:
>On 2011-05-02 10:43, Philip Hazel wrote:>
>

>It really doesn't seem sensible to put effort into supporting something >
> as>
> useless as this.>

Why when user ports to PCRE a successfull Perl pattern like>
(?=a(b))?.*d\1? (it's simplifyed version of real pattern used by my >
application)>
he need to look for difficulties to reconstruct it?>
What principial considerations causes PCRE to notify such legal Perl >
pattern as erroneous>
and disable it's use?>

Thanx.>

-- >