Re: [pcre-dev] Help with installation on Windows?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheri
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: pcre-dev@exim.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [pcre-dev] Help with installation on Windows?
On 5/2/2011 12:08 AM, Ocean wrote:
>     I need help installing PCRE on Windows 7.  Before contacting you
> (because I didn't want to bother you guys with this), I looked on your site,
> but there was no mention of any forums or mailing lists.  I posted my
> questions on other forums and other mailing lists, but I haven't been able
> to find anything or anyone to help me.

I'm not a programmer but I build a PCRE library for use with Powerpro (a
freeware windows program) each time there is a new release. I have 32
bit Windows XP. I prefer mingw, but have also built it in the free
scaled down versions of VC 2005 and VC 2008. I don't know of issues
specific to Windows 7 or later versions of VC. You should however use
only the official distribution of PCRE for building.

The information you need for building PCRE is in a UNIX text file in the
distribution titled NON-UNIX-USE. Follow the step by step directions for
configuring with cmake. You can then "make" in mingw or load the
solution files in VC for building there.

I would advise to have both cmake and mingw installed off your root
directory or elsewhere such that there so there are no spaces in the dir
names. Once you've built the library you can go on to build the sample C
program. There are instructions for doing so included in the html
documentation.

Regards,
Sheri