Re: [exim] Ratelimit Help

Author: Matt
Subject: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Help
> Almost certainly. But not knowing WHICH Webmail app - where to look?
>
> - parsing the messages for '127.0.0.1' instead of $sender_address would
> obviously hit all-comers, not just the infected.
>
> - parsing the *message* headers for the 'From:' or 'Reply-to:' is far less
> reliable, 'specially as we are speaking of vermin that may very well alter
> those.
>
> But .. depending on the Webmail app, what MAY work is using the Luser's
> Login UID and PWD eg: AUTH creds - of each individual submitter - instead of
> the source address.
>
> Can Exim be handed these from the Webmail daemon in a manner still
> associated with each submitter and message?

I want to base it on $sender_address rather then the IP since I have
SquirrelMail setup to NOT allow altering that but only altering
reply_too. SquirrelMail connects on 587 SMTP and IMAP 143 I believe.
I would rather it not depend on the webmail client used since I may
update or change it down the road.