Re: [exim] Strange loglines when using alternative exim.conf

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Matthias Hank
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange loglines when using alternative exim.conf
On 2011-04-14 at 10:40 +0200, Matthias Hank wrote:
> /etc/exim/exim.conf
> (exim-4.63-5.el5_6.2 on RHEL 5.6)

> This Mail is delivered correctly BUT exim only logs the "received" part
> of this mail "<="
> The delivery line and the "Completed" line is missing and is not logged.

This was a bug in 4.73, when we added the new security lockdowns, but
was fixed in 4.74 as ChangeLog entry PP/06.

I suggest filing a bug against the RedHat package maintainers; they're
pulling patches into an old release and missing some. While I
understand the urge to create a very stable environment, the 4.73
changes were inherently disruptive and there was some clean-up work over
the next couple of releases.

-Phil