Re: [exim] Delaying messages for 5 minutes?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Graeme Fowler
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Delaying messages for 5 minutes?
On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 20:10 +0000, W B Hacker wrote:
> But not dependent on one pair of eyeballs being awake, on-watch,
> coherent, and not distracted by other demands...

Exactly.

Being a fairly UK-timezone-centric diurnal operation (a University) we
can easily afford, in most cases, to freeze emails for up to 12 to 20
hours to allow the Mk 1 human eyeball (Fowler or Cardwell variant, most
times) to assess the frozen messages.

In one case, however, we did trip up a rather sensitive person in the
upper management. Now the risks have been explained to said person,
we've implemented a file-base rate list for specific senders which
overrides the default. The beauty of this is that it works both above
and below the default, so if we have a "repeat offender" we can make the
system more sensitive if necessary.

There is no substitute to human intervention in the case where an
anomaly has been detected by machine, because we can apply shades of
grey.

Graeme