Re: [exim] Delaying messages for 5 minutes?

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Delaying messages for 5 minutes?
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> So - what I'm thinking is that if I have a high rate sender I'd like to be
> able to delay delivery of the email for 5 minutes and then either send the
> email if that are determined to be sending good email - or discard the email
> if they are sending spam.

So what you're wanting to do is kind of the reverse of greylisting?
If you implement a second greylisting type of service limited to a set
of users/hosts, and change it so that it keys on the sender only
(don't pay attention to the recipient), that seems like it solves half
of your problem. The other half is that you need to queue instead of
deliver when it's less than the 5 minutes (and the rate is higher than
$AVERAGE), and then have a separate queue runner to deliver these
messages after the 5 minutes is up. And when you detect high rate
from $USER, you can either reject or drop them instead of queuing.
Maybe you could set a message variable, which gets stored in the
queue, and then frequently run the queue looking for that variable (is
that even possible?) to pick up those stored messages. I'm just
talking off the top of my head here, don't really know how much of
this is possible.

--
Regards...      Todd
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but