著者: W B Hacker
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] Mailing list trouble
Stef Hoesli wrote:
> Grüezi
>
> I have set up a simple mailing list for domain foo.com in the format:
>
> list: user@???,joe@???
>
> Now I have the following problem: When I send e-mail from work with my
> user@??? address to list@???, then obviously my exim tries
> to send that message back to me (and to joe@???). However, my
> companies mailserver rejects messages coming from outside with a
> sender adress from inside.

'from inside'...

IF the mailing list 'server' is NOT 'inside' and cannot APPEAR to be
'inside' (by logging in to the company server as your good self), which
it may not be if said mailing list and server are NOT 'blessed' by the
company...

....then simply do NOT use what the company sees as an 'inside'
address from whence to originate.

Why would you do so?

Use an address@<domain>.<tld> that you, not the company, control.

It isn't JUST about what the company server accepts.

It is ALSO about whether the company is comfortable with you appearing
to originate traffic from a company *address* (implying server, implying
official business/company approval) .... when you do NOT.

Your employment can be terminated on that score alone in many of the
world's jurisdictions.

"Not really an Exim issue..."

> What do you suggest? Re-writing the user@??? specificallyf for
> that list? Piping to a script and then re-sending the message, so that
> the always originate from the same local sender (majordomo style)?
>
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Stef

DON'T use a 'company' address (or any other resource) for personal or
unapproved use!

Render unto Ceaser. Separate Chruch and State. Whatever.

Bill