Re: [exim] ISP blocks ports 25 and 465

Góra strony
Autor: Ted Cooper
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] ISP blocks ports 25 and 465
On 08/04/11 23:19, Jan Ingvoldstad wrote:
> According to your traceroute, port 465 is not blocked, but I don't
> think GMail provides SMTP over SSL on that port. As far as I know,
> GMail does not provide access via other ports, either.

gmail provides service on 25, 465, and 587.

$ telnet smtp.gmail.com 465
Trying 74.125.155.109...
Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
(no output here because I didn't start an SSL connection)

With regards to the OP, you have two network problems causing you
issues. First off, your internet connecting device (192.168.1.1) is not
allowing port 25 outbound and will probably have some kind of firewall
on it. Try getting into the configuration and clearing that out.

Beyond that, port 465 being dropped somewhere on the path is quite bad
too, but nothing you can configure will change that. You'll have to
complain to your ISP as this is in their region of responsibility.

Port 587 is the submission port if you want to submit email to gmail
from your gmail account, but it's no good as a generic outbound relay.

Failing that, try sending your emails via your ISP mail relay as this is
the normal path for residential network mail. The networks under control
of telecom.net.ar don't seem to have the greatest reputation so your
ability to send email is already curtailed.

We have gone well off the subject matter of this list too - this is not
an Exim problem.