Re: [exim] connection timed out

Góra strony
Autor: Bill Hayles
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] connection timed out
Hi, Sven

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 04:36:31 +0200 in message number <97olsiddkkv8@???>, received here on 07/04/2011 07:41:17, Sven Hartge <sven@???> said:

> CyberMauher <accounts@???> wrote:
>

> > 1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 2,140 ms 2,268 ms 2,426 ms
> > 2 * * *
>
> Obviously, the TCP-SYN packet to port 25 never leaves your network. You
> can confirm this my tsharking your outer-world interface on 192.168.1.1
> for "tcp and port 25" while trying tcptraceroute again.
>
> I that case, you should yell at your firewall admin for dropping those
> packets and not putting out an ICMP port-unreachable or a TCP-RST.

I would suspect his ISP blocks port 25. That is very common for a normal
consumer dynamic IP service.

Even if he got port 25 unblocked, many servers block IPs belonging to
dynamic servers anyway.

To CyberMauher:
If you want to run a mail server that's going to be accepted by the other
servers it sends to, then get your own domain and negotiate with your ISP
for a fixed IP. That way, you'll be able to run a functioning server on a
shoestring. With my fixed IP I get specific permission to run mail and web
servers, which is adequate for my needs.

--
This is Spain. We do things differently here!

Bill Hayles
billnot@???