著者: Bill Hayles
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Locally Sign certificates
Hi, Kebba

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:03:26 +0000 in message 1301994206.2550.55.camel@???,
from Kebba Foon <kebba.foon@???> received here at 05/04/2011 11:07:40
It was said:

> Hi List,
>
> is it advisable to sign your own certificates to use on a production
> environment?

I think a lot depends on your particular circumstances.

My server is a "production environment" in that it's publicly available, roughly
twenty people rely on it for the e-mail and several hundred more are members
of my mailing lists.

However, it is non commercial, i.e. funded out of my own pocket, and those
who have e-mail addresses are there either by their request or my invitation.

I feel perfectly justified in using self certification, as I am unwilling to
pay the considerable sum required for verification. It hasn't caused me any
real difficulties.

On the other hand, if I were the postmaster of a large organisation, I would
feel differently.

--
'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never
have snipped at all. -- (author unknown)