著者: Vytka Serta
To: Exim-users@exim.org
題目: [exim] Exim4 change sender from root in "From" header
Hello,

i need to change sender root in email header.
I am using webmin to create alerts on user creation and modify.
As i understand webmin use root account to send mail. I haven't found how to change default user to send mail in webmin or in exim4.
would by grateful for any ideas.

With etc/email-addresses i can change senders email but not the user who sends mail.
I need to change this in email:
From: root [root@???]

From: what_i_type [what_i_type@???]

If i use etc/email-addresses:

root: what_i_type@???

i get

From: root [what_i_want@???]

Second aproach that i tryed is rewriting rules. In my exim config only rewriting rule that works on sending emails from pc:

# This rewriting rule is particularily useful for dialup users who
# don't have their own domain, but could be useful for anyone.
# It looks up the real address of all local users in a file
.ifndef NO_EAA_REWRITE_REWRITE
 *@+local_domains "${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                   {$value}fail}" Ffrs
# identical rewriting rule for /etc/mailname
*@ETC_MAILNAME "${lookup{${local_part}}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                   {$value}fail}" Ffrs
.endif

Still i can change only email but how to change user to what i want.

Mindaugas