Re: [exim] [new to exim] exim server not sending host name a…

Autor: Sam Walters
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] [new to exim] exim server not sending host name and failing verification.
Hi
I have solved this by implementing the advice in previous emails.

So i was able to access and configure DNS and MX on my the bind9 server.
If other people face this issue ill provide some links and config file
info to show what i did.

The DNS server is running cpanel:

http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/WHMDocs/RdnsForBind

Bind9/ DNS explained well here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/traditional_dns_howto

Added to the foward DNS zone:

aeroclub-beta.com.au.   14400   IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a mx
ip4:203.132.28.33 ?all"
aeroclub-beta.com.au.   14400   IN      MX      20
aeroclub-beta.bravo.net.au.

Created a reverse DNS zone:

28.132.203.in-addr.arpa.        86400   IN      SOA
ns1.bravo.net.au.       homepc.bravo.net.au.    (
                                                2011033020 ;Serial Number
                                                10800 ;refresh
                                                3600 ;retry
                                                604800 ;expire
                                                14400 ;minimum
        )
28.132.203.in-addr.arpa.        86400   IN      NS      ns1.bravo.net.au.
28.132.203.in-addr.arpa.        86400   IN      NS      ns2.bravo.net.au.
33      14400   IN      PTR     aeroclub-beta.com.au.
14      14400   IN      PTR     ns1.bravo.net.au.
15      14400   IN      PTR     ns2.bravo.net.au.

Also used the:
http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=&x=26&y=8
to create my spf entry in DNS zone.

Interesting thing is it didnt work over the weekend. However i believe
it was partially due to DNS record proliferation.

Thanks for the help provided here.

cheers

sam_w